Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bunny Crayons

Back in February a friend of mine shared a Valentine's Day craft that she had completed with her 2.5 yeard old son.  They took their broken crayons, melted them down and made heart shaped crayons!  I thought "Wow!  I need to do this!"  We have TOO MANY crayons in this house, and trust me when I say 'too many' is an understatement!
Last year I bought an Easter Bunny silone cupcake mold, PERFECT!  Easter Bunny crayons it is.  With the help of Lily, her BFF Tyler and Keyan we got started:


We took our hundreds of crayons, sorted them into similar colour piles, peeled their wrappers off and broke them into smaller pieces!  We filled the silicone Easter Bunny molds with the crayons and put them into our oven that was preheated to 250*F and baked for about 25 minutes - until the crayons were complete liquid.  I cooled them on the counter for about 10 minutes before I put them into the fridge to cooler at a faster rate! 


VOILA!  The most adorable crayons we have ever coloured with :)

1 comment:

  1. Can the pan be washed and used again for food? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete